Effective: December 1, 2020
This Policy applies to our services. Burke Brush is not responsible for the privacy practices of any entity that it does not own or control. If you have any questions, please contact us using the methods provided in the contact us section at the end of this Policy.
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories of personal information when you use our services:
• Contact information (such as name, email address, shipping address, billing address, phone number).
• Commercial information (such as product or services purchased or considered)
• Internet or other Electronic Network Activity information (such as IP address, device information, web pages visited, products viewed, browser information, browsing/search history, and other information about your interactions with our services.)
• Geolocation information (such as city/state, time zone, zip code).
• Inferences drawn from personal information (such as information about your interests or purchase preferences).
In addition to the above categories, you may voluntarily choose to provide us with additional information, such as when you send us an email, feedback, or fill out a form.
Sources of Personal Information
We may collect personal information directly from you or from service providers, suppliers and vendors, our affiliates, or other individuals and businesses, as well as public sources.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use personal information for the following purposes:
• Processing Interactions and Transactions (such as responding to requests and performing our contractual responsibilities)
• Managing Interactions and Transactions (such as answering your inquiries, or sending information regarding our services)
• Performing Services (such as fulfilling orders)
• Communications (such as to send administrative communications or too notify you about our services, products, sales and promotions, surveys, or other matters that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any ads or marketing communications)
• Research, Development and Quality Assurance (such as improving our products or services)
• Security and Debugging (such as to protect the security and integrity of our services)
• Other Business Purposes (such as data analysis and developing new offerings)
• Legal and Regulatory (such as to comply with applicable laws or regulatory obligations, defend Burke Brush or prosecute claims, and to prevent fraud or illegal activities).
With Whom Do We Share Information
We do not sell your personal information. However, we may share personal information with recipients for the purposes outlined above. This includes service providers and third parties to carry out business purposes, vendors to facilitate advertising and marketing, with law enforcement when required, or at your direction.
For example, we use Shopify to power wwww.burkebrush.com and facilitate orders. You can read more about how Shopify uses personal information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use our services. You can read more about how Google uses personal information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Children and Minors
Our services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18) and we do not knowingly collect or process the personal information of any children or minors.
We collect internet or other electronic activity information (such as device information) using cookies. "Cookies" are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. Additionally, "log files" track actions occurring on our services, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps. "Web beacons", "tags", and "pixels" are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the web site. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
As described above, we may use personal information to provide you with communications or ads we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted ads works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative's ("NAI") educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work. For example, you can opt out of most online advertising services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
We also encourage users to exercise control of their privacy by adjusting browser and cookie settings on devices (for example Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari) or privacy settings on social networking providers. For example, if you are receiving ads on Facebook or Instagram, you can adjust your settings by following these steps: https://www.facebook.com/help/193677450678703
Do Not Track
While some browsers have Do Not Track (“DNT”) features that limit website technologies, Burke Brush does not alter our services to honor DNT data collection and use practices.
Rights and Choices
Depending on your jurisdiction, applicable law may entitle you to certain rights and choices as it pertains to your information. This may include the right to know the personal information collected about you, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for the processing of the personal information, and the categories of third parties with whom personal information is shared. This may include the right to request deletion or correction of personal information, opt-out of the sale of personal information when applicable, and the right to non-discrimination based on the exercise of privacy rights. If you believe that you have applicable rights, please contact us with details regarding the nature of your request to exercise your rights and we will respond promptly.
We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time. Changes to this Policy shall become effective on the date they are posted.
If you have questions about this Policy, or if you would like to make a complaint or exercise your applicable rights, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using our online form available here: https://burkebrush.com/pages/contact.